Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November classes & trials

With Thanksgiving and everything else going I have a lot to catch up with.

Classes - We didn't do classes the week of Thanksgiving but did have classes the week before.  In Keegs class we practiced distance and more rear crosses.  I can't get too far from Keegs or he will come to me so I know what we need to work on.

In Kiah's class we practiced front crosses and 270's, really a fun and productive class.

November 19th we went to a trial in Libertyville (WAGS), was not a good day for us.  I will say Kiah did most of the obstacles but in JWW she zoomed, it took me a while to get her back.  I think we finished the class over by almost 20 seconds.  In standard she was her pokey self again and finished that class over too.  It was a very disappointing day.

The Thanksgiving weekend trial at Cudahy was so much better.  Kiah went off course in Standard but we Q'd JWW on Saturday.  We also did T2B but were overtime both days so got whistled off.  On Sunday we would have Q'd in Standard but Kiah ran out of the ring and got whistled off.  She did come right back in and it was a great run so I am still really happy.  In JWW we got whistled off, I swished my hand in front of her face to get her attention because she was sitting there scratching; the judge thought I touched her.  I looked at the video and can see where the judge may have thought I did but it you look at it slow motion you can see I didn't.  I have the videos from this weekend and will post them at the end of this post.

Next weekend is our FCDTC trial and am keeping my fingers crossed we do as well.  Kiah has 1 Q each in JWW, Standard, and FAST now.  I would love to have at least one title to end the year with but if we don't that is OK too.  I feel good with our progress so far, as long as it continues and we are having fun I will be happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment; would love to hear if you have suggestions or tips.