Monday, July 18, 2011

Thougts after watching video of WAG trial

After watching the video from Friday I find that I run trials differently then I do in class.  My expectations in classes is that Kiah will follow me since that is what she normally does.  It appears in trials I don't expect her to follow so I slow way down and wait for her.  I will have to test this at the trial this week to see if it makes a difference in her runs.  I also noticed I am not giving her commands as quickly as I should.  I love videos, it is such a help to actually see what I am doing, my mind goes blank during the run.  Two other things to remind myself; more praise (have a party as my trainer says :-)) and stop clapping so much (didn't even realize I was doing it). 

I am still really proud of the progress we have made; I know we will continue to learn and get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment; would love to hear if you have suggestions or tips.