Sunday, October 13, 2013

August - October updates

Been a bit behind in keeping my blog up but August and early September are one of the busiest times at work so I do have a bit of an excuse.  LOL, I started this several weeks ago and now we are almost mid-October.

Kiah continues to do awesome in class and not so well at trials.  I did have someone come up to tell me she looked like she was off in the back and that is why she was refusing to jump.  There was a vet/chiropractor there and she adjusted Kiah for me.  She was really tight in the front which may have made her look off. Since that time Kiah has been adjusted one more time and had a cold laser treatment.  She will have one more adjustment before the trial on October 18-20 then continue to have them once a month for a few months then every 3 months.  She is entered 2 of the 3 days; I hope to see a difference in her at the trials the rest of the year.  If not then she will be retired and we will concentrate on tracking, nose work and maybe obedience.

Keegs and the puppy were playing hard one morning right before we were going to the club to practice when I noticed he was limping (hadn't been earlier).  Ended up having to crate rest him for a few weeks as everytime he and the puppy would play he would start to limp again. Went to a trial in late September and he did well (no Q's) but no limping at all.  I had him adjusted also (not bad like Kiah) but it was helpful for him and he will be adjusted again before the trial too.  He will be running all 3 days.

Thor has not been to puppy classes due to my work schedule but we continue to practice at a friends on lowered equipment and at the club on the equipment he is able to do.  The last time I was at the club he did do the full dog walk all by himself (had the a-frame blocked off).  He is doing great on the chute now too. His table waits are awesome.  We hope to start taking obedience classes in early November and am really looking forward to it.  Still having issues with his fear of new situations and noises though.  He will be going to a new place for the trial and am hoping he will be doing better, he does seem to be gaining confidence.  He is now almost 9 months old, haven't weighed him but bet he is around 55lb and a little over 23".  He appears to have slowed way down in his growth and hope he doesn't get any taller than 24" which I think would be perfect for his body type.  Kiah was about the same size and age when she came home so he is right on track with her.

October 30:  Started Thor's obedience class last night and realized how much I have been spoiling him and not working with him as much as I should.   Have homework to do before next week's class which I plan to keep up with.  Thor needs confidence and I need a puppy that is well behaved at agility trials.  These are lessons I plan to do with both Kiah and Keegs too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment; would love to hear if you have suggestions or tips.