Monday, March 26, 2012

WAGS Agility Trial - March 23-25, 2012

It was an interesting and fun weekend but 3 days of trials with an hour and half drive one way made a long weekend for us.  On Friday, Kiah got her JWW title and 2nd place, I am so proud of her.  We are having some problems with weaves though, not sure what is going on and something we will have to work on. In standard, she took the dog walk instead of a jump and I am pretty sure by the confused way she looked at me I sent her there.  No videos this weekend so no way to verify it.

On Saturday, no Q's but no zooms and she watched me, so I am still really happy with her runs except the weaves in both JWW and Standard.

On Sunday, she got a Q in JWW, got the weaves on the second try was a bit slow and we were over time almost 4 seconds.  She was heading for a wrong jump but turned as soon as I called her and we finished the course without any other problems.  Std was another story, she did not want to be there; had to keep calling her to do obstacles, no weaves and no energy.  We did finish the course but I am sure we were way over time, never did check her stats.

I am thinking I may have given her and Keegs (he was there to keep her company)  too many rich treats after her JWW run.  When I got them home they both wanted to eat grass, Kiah ate enough to throw up and appeared to be more energetic afterwards.  Next trial more praise and less treats.

Kiah's  Q results are posted on the results page, didn't get any of the other run information and WAG only sends the qualifying information to you (found out later that they post all results on their web page so I have the information).  They are fast sending result information, got it last night only a few hours after the trial ended.

Decided no trials for us in April, just classes starting back up again this week.  Gas is high and I think Kiah needs a break for a while.  I plan to enter 3 trials in May but not sure about June yet besides the clubs trial at the end of June.  We will see how gas prices are at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment; would love to hear if you have suggestions or tips.