Sunday, March 18, 2012

March 17, 2012 Car-Dun-Al Agility Trial

We didn't do as well as I had hoped.  I could tell that Kiah was a bit anxious which stressed me so I wasn't as calm as I needed to be. Our first Open standard run was a bit slow, missed a jump and back jumped it, then she did not do the weaves correctly all 3 times. The last half of the course was good and we finished well.  In Novice jumpers we had two refusals and ended up 9 seconds over SCT due to several minor zooms.  The zooms weren't run around the course zooms and she came right back so that is an improvement.  I didn't bring Keegs with us but plan to bring him next weekend maybe with him there she won't be so stressed.  

I know I can't expect the same results as she had at our club where she is really comfortable but as long as she is having fun and continues to improve I will be happy.  I know the dogs in excellent have their good and bad days so I can't expect perfect results every time.  I will not get discouraged and will keep a positive attitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment; would love to hear if you have suggestions or tips.