Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February, 2012

Classes have been going well for both Kiah and Keegan. 

Keegs continues to improve each week but is still having some issues with associating names of obstacles.  His contacts are really good but he does not stay on the contacts which I don't have a problem with as long as he doesn't jump off.  Weaves are better but we still have to work hard on entrances and building some speed.  It will be interesting to see how he does at his first trial (at our club) in March.

Kiah is still doing well in class but we haven't trialed since early December so I am not sure how she will do in a trial environment.  We are on the wait list for her first trial in March but we will have the clubs 3-day trial the next week and Keegs will be there to keep her company.  She continues to watch me and pay attention.

My goals is to run both dogs like I do "most" times in class. I need to run them with the expectation that they will follow me and not wait for them.  When I wait for them it slows them down and they don't pay attention.  I also need to work on front crosses which I will really need to do well so I don't get in their way.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment; would love to hear if you have suggestions or tips.