Thursday, September 13, 2012

September Classes

September 27, 2012:  The classes (same for both novice and open) was broken down into 3 sections, contacts with tunnel discrimination, difficult entries to weaves and jump course with either a serpentine or threadle.  Kiah did really well  but didn't want to overdue since we have the trial coming up Friday so we just worked each area twice.

WOW!  Keegs did so much better on his weaves, only popped out once or twice and is picking up some speed.  I am so proud that he is doing so well on his weaves plus he did his contacts, paid attention to me and did his discrimination challenge and even did a serpentine without any issues.  Did the same with him but we did work the weaves more times just to give him some practice.

September 19, 2012:  Keegs is beginning to pick up some speed and I can work him at a little more distance.  Weaves is still our biggest issue, this week training is going to be on entrances and not popping out of the weaves when I am on his right.

Kiah was awesome, still doing great with distance unless my signals are a bit too late or not clear.  She is focusing on me and having a good time so that is all I ask of her.

Trial coming up at the end of the month, same place we were in August so hopefully Keegs will do better.  Kiah will run Friday in excellent a, should be a short day since it is excellent only.  Hoping that Kiah gets her Open Standard on Saturday and Keegs his Novice Standard.  Then no more novice classes and the last dog of the day!!!!!  Didn't enter on Sunday, we all 3 need a rest and play day.

September 12, 2012:  It was so good to get back to classes, see everyone and get a good workout.  I was surprised at how well both Kiah and Keegs did without any training for 3 weeks.  I think they were happy to be back and I am sure getting those special treats doesn't hurt.

Christine, my instructor, creates fun but challenging courses; this week it was a jumpers course.  Kiah and I had fun, confused her a bit with some of my handling but she was a good sport and carried on.  She amazes me, she is sooo good with distance and gets better all the time.  It sure gives me more confidence in running her.   

Keegs course was Kiah's jumpers course but modified for his novice level. We did do 12 weave poles which is good since he is now in Open in jumpers.  He is picking up speed on his weaves (his good side) but continues to pop out on his bad side.  His good side is with me on the other side of the weaves and his bad when I am on the other side of him.  Either I am doing something I don't realize or he just doesn't get it yet.


1 comment:

  1. I look forward to the day when I can say my dogs did great after 3 weeks of not practicing! Good for you! We're still waiting on the UPS man to deliver the Boxer Brains I ordered almost 3 years ago! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment; would love to hear if you have suggestions or tips.